Become a PNF member Membership of the PNF is open to all Nursing Professional (Nurses, Midwifes, LHVs, FWW, CMW, CNA etc.) through their Associations and become a member of the PNF.
The PNF shall be the Federation of the Provincial Nurses Associations which are members of the PNF. The PNF shall be affiliated to the International Council of Nurses, Geneva.
The Purpose and Policy of the Pakistan Nurses Federation shall be:
- To work for the welfare and betterment of all categories of Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors in Pakistan
- To pursue and enter into negotiation with the Central and the Provincial Governments regarding matters pertaining to the welfare of Nurses.
- To advance high ethical and professional standards amongst the nurses.
- To bring professional knowledge and skill to the service and care of the sick.
- To organize Seminars, Conferences, meetings and works for the improvement of nursing education and nurse services.
- To publish Journals/Periodicals/Magazines providing upto date information on current developments in the field of nursing.
- To endeavour to furnish legal aid to members within financial means of the Federation when needed by them for the protection of their professional rights.
I had the honour of being elected as PNF President at the PNF Congress in Pakistan in Feb 2017. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and I look forward to meeting you and hearing about your work, your issues, your problems and your ideas for PNF.